Flora

 I was helping the Goddess Flora count flowers

that are blooming today the last day 

of April. There are so many!

Start with white she ordered

White was easy.

The white cherry blossoms falling like snow

And the wild English daisies so plentiful

Another white the wild strawberry running

and the occasional white bells of bluebells 

(alba) rare, how did that get there

Same with the forget me nots usually blue hued

there were more white flowers than stars in the sky.

That’s enough for today said the Goddess of flowers

She could see I was tired

We’ll come back tomorrow and start with the yellow.


Two for one today…


Late Muses

As April poetry came to a close

I was visited by the Muses

The Goddesses! Minerva, and Calliope 

What took you so long to get here my dears

I could have used you earlier

Thankfully I had my old friend Flora 

to show me Spring’s sweet offerings—

Timing is everything.


write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a character from myth or legend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dusty rose dreaming

early bird

Tumbling verse - Day 16